Wednesday, December 30, 2009

T-Minus 19 Days - Overdue Update

Hello!!

Hope everyone had a good christmas and is looking forward to new years eve and the new year! I've been away from my blog for awhile now, sorry everyone but haven't had much time to blog. When I did have time I was too tired to turn on my computer and blog. I've been trying to meet up with a lot of people before I head west. I have all these dates and schedules in my head... if I forget to meet any of you, I'm sorry! haha

Well my christmas wasn't anything special. I went to morning service with my parents, brother and sister in-law and went to dim sum afterward. After that... I just did nothing at home. It was a pretty boring christmas, I think. But that is ok! I got to spend it with family so that's all that matters, right? Although I was a little sad I didn't get to have a turkey dinner... Mmm I love turkey dinners! The (s)mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn, warm bread, gravy, stuffing, turkey... did I forget anything?

So to update you guys on my moving situation... I was stressed out couple days ago cause I couldn't raise my credit limit cause I didn't officially start my job and I guess the credit card people were scared I wouldn't have money to pay them back. My limit right now won't let me purchase airfare or pay for my hotel when I get to grande prairie. Luckily I applied online (cause people on the phone are useless) and I got a raise to my credit. I was SO relieved to see it when I checked... SO SO relieved. I didn't want to ask my dad or my brother cause I know I've asked them for a lot during school (to pay for rent and tuition when I needed help with them). Also cause I had to figure out dates to go out west... if I wanted to go and stay there or go and come back for a wedding and go back for good the sunday before I start. After much thought and many pimples on my face from stress (HAHA) I came to the conclusion to head out west on jan 11... stay there for few days (depending on how fast or slow I can find an apt), come back for the wedding and go back for good on jan 17. I already got my airfare for the 11th so things are moving according to my plan. I just have to figure out how much it costs to move my furniture from toronto to grande prairie. I emailed the moving people and just waiting for them contact me with an estimate. Hope it doesn't cost TOO much.

I only have two weeks left until I make my first trip to the west... it's coming up SO soon. I look forward to it though. I'm excited and nervous at the same time... I'm excited for whats to come in the new year but at the same time nervous cause I'm basically starting my independence. I know I can do it, but just the fact that I'm finally moving out... pretty crazy stuff, ya know??

I'll try to update more often... everyday like I used to. If I don't, that just means I'm busy meeting people and/or losing my mind trying to figure out my move to grande prairie. So don't be a stranger and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment