Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 4 - I Think It's Day 4...

Yeah so I'm debating if I should continue to label my posts with Day 1, Day 2, etc... cause clearly I didn't label it like that during the weekend... OR maybe I'll just label my posts with Day whatever only on the weekdays... OK I've made an executive decision, that decision being I will not label my weekend posts. That was easy! Wish all decisions were that easy to make... if only!

So I was watching Oprah... yes I watch Oprah, who doesn't?! I was watching cause the episode was something I have an interest in and one day would like to work within. There was a 7 year old girl who was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it was about the parents' and their other little 20 month old baby's life and journey through life. I had a placement at CAMH, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health last winter in their in patient schizophrenia unit and interacting with people with schizophrenia was interesting. How they think, how they process information and just the way they live their life... so different. I can't imagine for a bit how I can live with hallucinations telling me, even better controlling my thoughts and my actions. I guess we should all admire those who suffer from schizophrenia cause it can't be easy to keep their hallucinations under control while trying to live a "normal" life.

Don't be a stranger... leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment