Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wild Wild West?

Hello everyone from Grande Prairie!

So I landed yesterday afternoon but my day started off pretty bad. When I went to the airport I got my ticket and lined up to get checked and what not. The line wasn't THAT long it was still a slow process. So it was my turn and put everything down in the tray but I guess it's because I haven't traveled on a plane in ages, I didn't take off my belt or my watch. So I walked through the machine and it started to beep so I just figured it was my watch and they were just going to check with their metal detection stick thing and they did but that wasn't it. After the girl checked with the detection stick she calls over a call and tells him to pat me down. He patted me down and what not but I guess because I haven't flown in a long time, I didn't expect to be padded down. Now I know to take off my belt and watch and any metal on me.

My flight was pretty good, watched tv on the plane and tried to sleep cause I only had 2 hours of the sleep before I went to the airport at 4am. I stopped at calgary for 30 mins and boarded my last flight to Grande Prairie and that was pretty. I land in Grande Prairie and I wait to pick up my luggage and nothing. Everyone leaves and I'm staying there still waiting. I go to the Westjet people and tell them my luggage didn't come so they filled out an online report and told me hopefully it'll be on the next flight in at 3pm. So I wait 3 hours and still nothing.... I ended up checking in at my hotel and waited cause the next flight was at 11pm.

Long story short... I got my luggage this morning at 9:30. It felt nice to wear some clean clothes.... love that feeling.

I'll blog about my day later on... my stomach not agreeing with the sub i just ate right now.

1 comment:

  1. Dude good to hear that you've landed. Delayed baggage sucks. hope luck swings your way soon. Happy househunting!

    ReplyDelete