Friday, January 8, 2010

My First Trip To Grande Prairie in 3 Days!

Wow I haven't blogged since new years day! I've been busy with meeting a lot of people, busy figuring out moving stuff and I forget to blog sometimes cause I'm just too tired when I get home most days. I guess I have a lot to write but I will try to not bore anyone and try to keep this post short and sweet.

So I've been meeting a lot of friends and people and it has some negative side effects. I've been eating SO much lately and I feel so fat. Literally, I've been eating out every single day. For example, couple days ago, I met up with a friend and we both wanted pho but we were close to hwy 7 and leslie so I thought there must be a pho place there. We found one but... it wasn't that great so we decided to go to pho 88 at warden and steeles to fulfill our pho cravings. All in all... I had two large pho back to back that night. I can't believe I finished both bowls too... I surprise myself sometimes with all the food I can eat. OH! earlier in the week I went to my friend's sushi place... and I ate a lot there too. I swear I think I gained at least few pounds but my parents and friends are telling me I'll probably lose all of my weight when I move out west. I don't think my parents understand I can feed myself... feed myself pretty well at that when I'm alone.

I love to cook. I don't know if I'm good for not but I love to cook. I think when I move out, it'll give me an opportunity to fine tune my cooking skills. Too bad I won't have anyone to cook for but myself. If anyone wants to visit me in Grande Prairie... come and I'll feed you well!

So I've figured out all my moving costs and now figuring out how I'm going to pay for it all is a tough one. I will get all my money back through reimbursements but getting that initial money is pretty hard. None of my credit card people want to raise my limit cause A) I just graduated B) I haven't started work yet and C) I haven't used my sears card for two years. I didn't want to ask my brother but I think I will have to. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

I'm finally going to Grande Prairie on Monday. I think it'll finally hit me that I'm moving when I'm at the airport or when I'm seating on the plane or when I land and check myself in at the hotel or it won't hit me at all until I start work in two weeks. Everyone I've talked to at Grande Prairie, whether it's landlords, my manager, other recreation therapist, they all seem so friendly and helpful. I think I got lucky and I'm blessed that I found a friendly and helpful town to work in. I think my transition from the big city to the small town won't be too hard.

I will blog again... hopefully more often now. Until my next blog, don't be a stranger and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment