Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Full

I eat so well at work... well I ate so well at work today at least. Today one of the programs for few of the units was a special dinner (don't know why we call it dinner cause they eat it at lunch) and on the menu was ham, carrots, and potatoes. I was busy doing one on one with another resident on my unit and learning the tricks and the trades so I didn't get to eat with anyone but I was lucky enough to go downstairs to get leftovers and it was good! On top of that, we had a department meeting at lunch and people brought desserts of all kinds... goodness there were 2 cakes, 2 pies, ice cream, and mini cupcakes. All I got to say is I was a very satisfied employee and a very sleepy one for the rest of the day.

Because of the moving people I started work late yesterday so to make it up I worked 8am-6pm today. Damn that's almost 12 hours... I didn't realize that! BUT it was worth it cause it so happened that there was another special dinner program called Travel Group running in the evening. Basically residents pick a country of their choice and the recreation assistants do light research and do a presentation about that country and get the group to talk about that country. So if they've ever visited, if they were born there if so how was it growing up there and moving here, etc, etc. And after the presentation, the recreation assistants or whoever is facilitating (usually two) cooks a meal from that country. So today it was about living in North America back in the day. So they prepared a roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage/union/bacon dish and for dessert apple pudding crumble with ice cream. I don't think I've eaten so well for a long time.

I guess I was at the right place at the right time. I picked a good day to go home late. So now I don't have to cook dinner... basically all my meals for today were from work. Oh I love my job sometimes.

My apartment is still a mess. I know I did a lot of work last night but it sure doesn't look like it. Just looks like a bomb went off and stuff flew everywhere. I have the weekend to clean up, I guess.

OH! The family I met through Pastor Chang offered me their car for the weekend. The guy is in Mexico for a conference so his wife emailed me today wondering if I wanted to borrow their car to explore the town. I was shocked that she offered the car cause they have 4 kids... maybe she met she'd drive me around... but still the thought was very surprising. I'd feel bad to take their car and I don't have any places in mind I'd want to go to.

Well I know the temperature back home is dropping... bundle up people! But that's still nothing compared to here... I'm still waiting for the -40 temperatures.

Don't be a stranger and leave a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment