Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hump Wednesday

I can't believe it's Wednesday already... although it felt like Friday and I was ready for the weekend. First week of work and first week of being out here is almost half done! Pretty crazy! I wish I could say I've explored this small town but after work I just want to go home and rest, even though I have no furniture and nothing to do.

So I've been living like a true bachelor and been eating frozen food, Hungry Man to be exact. LOL It's pretty good... don't know if it's cause I was really hungry or cause it's actually good but the portion was pretty filling. I had the turkey dinner. Came with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, and cranberry sauce. I'd much rather eat the real thing though... mmm turkey dinner!

Working is going alright. I'm getting to get the hang of things now but it's totally different from what I am used to. I'm used to being involved with the programs and activities that I would plan but here the programs and activities are mostly facilitated by the recreation therapy assistants. I can facilitate here and there when one of the RTA's is sick or if I want to observe a resident. I guess I'm doing more of the background work here and doing the assessments of residents. I have 51 residents in one unit and 10 patients in another unit... a total of 61 people I have to assess and plan for. The unit with 51 residents, I hear it takes 3 hours to write up an assessment for person! YIKES! The recreation therapists have been really helpful so it should be a real smooth transition.

Last night I ended up sleeping at 10pm and I ended up waking up at 6am but went back to sleep until 7am when my alarm woke me up. I slept at 11pm two nights ago and at 10pm last night so I should try to sleep at 10:30pm. Or I guess I can sleep at 10pm and wake up at 6am so I have time to shower, eat and check stuff online before heading to work. I'll try 10:30pm tonight and see how that goes.

Don't be a stranger and leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. hungry man!? those things are gross!!!
    annnd as for your workload....congrats on being an official practicing RT!!!

    ReplyDelete