Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gotta Love Life Sporting Events

After work yesterday I went to see the local college basketball team in action. The girls played first and they guys played second. Well I'd love to say the college teams are good but... that just isn't the case. Grande Prairie Regional College Wolves got crushed by the Concordia College Thunder. I can't remember the score but who would want to when they a beat down. They lost by at least double their score... it was truly ugly. But nonetheless it was good to go see a live game. It made me miss playing Saturday mornings at church. Gotta find a way to get back into sports here.

So that was my Friday evening. It was a pretty fun night, although the home team lost, twice. I wish I was more involved with sports at an earlier age. I started my short soccer career pretty late and don't know how I made the high school team but I did. Basketball I picked up pretty late too. I wonder if my parents pushed me to do more sports than musical instruments, if I would have played on more high school teams and maybe carried that over to college/university. I was wonder about that. I guess being pushed to do a lot of different musical instruments made me more aware of music and its different genres. Maybe that's why I enjoy music so much... although if I enjoyed it and practiced a lot I could have been pretty good at few instruments but I'm not good at any in particular. Ah well, maybe I'll pass by my instruments to my kids... although I wouldn't want to force them to play them... or would I? Haha

Woohoo! Leafs leading 3-0 after the first against Ottawa but I noticed the Leafs can't seem to keep a lead so maybe I shouldn't be so happy just yet. Fingers crossed that they can keep the lead and the shutout!

I promised more pictures but... I forgot so I'll end this post with some more pictures.

My apartment! 

  
Street view of one of the streets near my apartment

Far view of the hospital (my workplace) 

 
Street view of the main "downtown" area 

 
Beautiful, eh? 

Hope you enjoyed! Don't be a stranger and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment