Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can't Sleep

I was lying in bed and now I'm here blogging... Can't seem to fall asleep tonight. Don't know why. I'm not stressing about anything or have much to think about these days. Today was just like any other weekend I've had since I've been here, except I made my own chicken wings for my one person Super Bowl party. They turned out pretty well.

Prepping those damn chicken wings is a pain. Gotta wash them, cut the tips off and cut the wing from the drumstick looking piece (what is that piece called?) and pat them dry. And I was constantly worried about wiping and cleaning surfaces that my hand and/or chicken touched. Don't want to contaminate anything and get sick. After prepping the wings, I coated them in a simple dry mixture of APF (all purpose flour), salt and pepper. After coating them I gave them a bath in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), only oil I have, hot sauce and garlic. To cook them I preheated the oven to 350-400 and popped the chicken wings in for 45 minutes, turning them after 20 minutes. I basically pulled this recipe from thin air and it turned out pretty well. I love "dry" wings cause I can dip them into any sauce I want. I happened to have Jalapeno Ranch dressing and hot sauce to chose from and they both tasted pretty good with my wings. The wings tasted good without anything on them too. I have to learn how to make my own honey garlic and hot and honey sauce. My favourites!

I just wish I had friends to share my food with. A Super Bowl party for one just isn't the same and fun as having a bunch of your friends enjoying great food and great sports.

It's getting late and I should probably turn myself in to bed. I am starting to yawn a bit so that is always a good sign. Hope everyone back home is doing well. Miss you guys a lot!

Good night folks! Don't be a stranger and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment