Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On The Road

We went on a trip out west to a small town called Hythe. If you thought Grande Prairie is a small town (which it isn't) you haven't seen nothing until you drive to Hythe, or any of the other surrounding towns. It was a 45 minute drive to Hythe and the drive was pretty good. I thought the roads were going to be in terrible condition but turned out to be pretty good road conditions. I guess the snow plows were on their A game and go the highways cleared first. Good on ya! So I drove to one of the continuing care facility in Hythe and the drive reminded me of the drive I did so many times from home to Waterloo and back... but with more flat land, as far as the eye can see.

The show we went to see was this guy named Ed Popovich. He is an entertainer who sings and plays the guitar while adding humour and jokes with the songs (mainly oldies) and gets the crowd involved. It was pretty good, I guess, but I wouldn't see him more than once to be honest. I think the residents that we took enjoyed it and they knew the songs so they were singing along with him. He liked to pick on people in the crowd and as soon as he walked in to setup, he has my number from the get-go. As soon as he asked what my name was, I knew he'd pick on me. It wasn't bad and they residents enjoyed how he picked on me, I think the recreation assistants liked it too.

So my day was pretty was that. The morning was crazy, as I was running from unit to unit, trying to get last minute things done for our trip. Getting medications sorted out, bag lunches sorted out, getting the right people ready to go and just a lot of running around. I guess it was good cause for the first time I felt like I was being productive, running around doing work for the residents and for a program. I'm definitely hot a pencil pusher and can't stand being in the office for a long period of time cause I feel like I'm wasting time and doing nothing. I have to be out and about getting my hands dirty and being involved in the programs... but the recreation assistants do most of that.

It's only Tuesday and I wish the weekend was here already... terrible.

Don't be a stranger and leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. one week later and I feel the same way...
    im all caught up!

    ReplyDelete