Friday, April 2, 2010

Long Weekend! Part One

It's the start of a long weekend! Woohoo! It felt so good to turn over and turn off my alarm and go back to sleep this morning. I love long weekends.

I didn't sleep in too much, got up around 10 and had the whole day to do whatever. I was craving shawarma and found out that there is a shawarma place in Grande Prairie! Who would have thought?! I sure didn't. So I decided to check it out for lunch and head to Safeway to do some grocery shopping afterward. So I walked over to Tito's and ordered myself a chicken shawarma sandwich with a small mango smoothie. The shawarma wasn't what I expected... definitely not what I am used to getting back home in Toronto or even in Ottawa. By the way, Ottawa has THE best shawarmas. Go go Shawarma Palace if you get a chance to go to Ottawa!

So the shawarma sandwich I ordered was kind of a hybrid between a shawarma sandwich and a burrito. They didn't shave off the meat but has in a sauce... like a burrito but had the garlic sauce like a shawarma. All in all, it was very yummy and satisfying. I definitely miss shawarma back home but this will do until I reunite with yummy shawarmas back home. The mango smoothie was pretty good, although they could have blended it a little longer cause I had tiny pieces of ice still and it got stuck in my straw at one point and I lost all suction.

Apparently there is another shawarma place but I'm not sure where it is so I'll have to get some more info on it and try that one out.

After grocery shopping and getting myself through a crowd of people doing Easter dinner shopping, I made dinner. Boy, was it ever good! What did I cook you ask? I will show you!

Beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies (carrots, red onions and broccoli)


Cooking away


Mmmmm yum!


Final cooking in the oven


Clean kitchen + leftovers


What to cook next

So that was my dinner. Hope you enjoyed it cause it tasted like it looked, AWESOME! Haha What should I tackle next? I know I had one suggested to me on this blog so I will see what I can do. Let me know what other things I can cook up for you guys. I love any and all suggestions.

Don't be a stranger and leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment